Carneros Watershed: Slope
From CCoWS Wiki
- Data Source: USGS, 1/3 arc second, Digital Elevation Model: See Carneros Watershed: Map of Elevation
- Data analysis: ArcMap
- Map produced by: Kyle Stoner
- Coordinate system: UTM Zone 10
- Datum: NAD 83
- ArcGIS -> Spatial Analyst Toolbar -> Surface Analysis -> Slope
- Input Surface: USGS 1/3 arc second DEM. DEM was projected so that x,y measurement units matched the vertical measurement unit. This projection change creates some visual distortion in the final image from the shift.
- Output Measurement: Slope was calculated in degrees.
- Z Factor: The Z-factor was set to 1 because the DEM was projected into UTM to match units of elevation.
- Output Cell Size: Default value automatically used the input cell size.
- Output Raster: name and location of slope raster to be created.
- Color ramp was set to "Partial Spectrum" with 9 classes ranging from 0-75 degrees.