State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB)
The SWRCB is comprised of five full-time board members appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate, for four year terms. The SWRCB and the nine regional water boards were combined in 1970 by the Porter-Cologne Act to jointly ensure abundant and clean water for the state.
Duties of SWRCB
The SWRCB's five full-time salaried board members' general duties include:
- Setting statewide policy
- Coordinating and supporting Regional Water Board efforts
- Reviewing petitions that contest Regional Board Actions
- Allocating surface water rights
while each member specializes in one of these positions:
- Representing the public
- Engineering Expertise
- Water Quality Expertise
- Water Supply
Each member fulfills a specialized position. Below are the members as of 2018.
- Felicia Marcus (Chair) Represents: Attorney qualified in the fields of water supply and water rights.
- Steven Moore (Vice Chair) Represents: Sanitary Engineer and qualified in water quality.
- Tam M. Doduc Represents: Civil Engineer qualified in the fields of water supply and water rights.
- Dorene D'Adamo Represents: Qualified in the field of water quality relating to irrigated agriculture.
- E. Joaquin Esquivel Represents: Public Member .
This page may contain students' work completed as part of assigned coursework. It may not be accurate. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion or policy of CSUMB, its staff, or students.