Marmoset Watershed Simulation Model
The Marmoset Model is a watershed hydrology simulation tool, for modeling runoff. It is implemented withing the Tarsier environmental modeling framework.
Usees Marmoset requires Network data with landscape statistics from a hydroDEM, Precipitation series, and a model time object.
Geomorphology Some river parameters. The "Estimate channel geometry" button gives you the ability to view a cross section of the channel with a simple graphic representing stage
- None - will not generate runoff from your precipitation series
- Runoff coefficient - runoff = precipitation * catchment area * runoff coefficient
- MarmoShed model - Uses the landscape parameters from the landscape table data for a more complex runoff calculation
- Colobus model - ...
more to come...
- Watson, F. & Vertessy, R. (2002). Development of a pilot local-scale environmental management support system for use in water supply sub-catchments in Pine Rivers Shire. Draft Final Report to Pine Rivers Shire Council and South East Queensland Water Corporation. CRC for Catchment Hydrology, 61 pp
- Rob Vertessy, Fred Watson, Joel Rahman, Susan Cuddy, Francis Chiew, Phil Scanlon, Shane Seaton, & Frances Marston (2001). New software to help manage river water quality in the catchments of the south-east Queensland region. In: Rutherfurd, I., Sheldon, F., Brierly, G. & Kenyon, C. (eds). Proc. 3rd Australian Stream Management Conference, Brisbane 27-29 August, 2001, pp. 611-616. http://science.csumb.edu/~fwatson/pubs/VertessyEtal_3ASM2001.pdf
- Fred Watson, Joel Rahman, Shane Seaton (2001). Deploying environmental software using the Tarsier modelling framework. In: Rutherfurd, I., Sheldon, F., Brierly, G. & Kenyon, C. (eds). Proc. 3rd Australian Stream Management Conference, Brisbane 27-29 August, 2001, pp. 631-637. http://science.csumb.edu/~fwatson/pubs/3ASM_Paper_Watson_et_al_011001_WithHeader.pdf
- Vertessy, R.A., Rahman, J.M., Watson, F.G.R., Argent, R.M., Cuddy, S.M. and Seaton, S.P. 2002 A regional water quality model designed for a range of users and for retrofit and re-use. Proceedings International Environmental Modelling and Software Society (iEMSs) Conference, A.E. Rizzoli and A.J. Jakeman (eds), Lugano Switzerland, 24-27, June 2002, vol. 3, pp. 312-317. http://science.csumb.edu/~fwatson/pubs/VertessyEtAl_Lugano2002.pdf
- Chiew, F.H.S, Scanlon, P.J., Vertessy, R.A., & Watson, F.G.R. 2002. Catchment Scale Modelling of Runoff, Sediment and Nutrient Loads for the South-East Queensland EMSS, Cooperative Research Centre for CatchmentHydrology, Research Report 02/1, 47 pp. http://science.csumb.edu/~fwatson/pubs/ChiewEtAlEMSSReport_200201.pdf
- Jonathan Frame (2010). An integrated surface water - groundwater interaction model for the Carmel River.
- Technical Tools used in Environmental Science and Management within California's Central Coast Region
- Tarsier Tutorial: Watershed simulation using the Marmoset Model
- Tarsier Tutorial: Adding GroundWater to Watershed Simulation
- Tarsier Modules
This page may contain students' work completed as part of assigned coursework. It may not be accurate. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion or policy of CSUMB, its staff, or students.