Monterey County Water Resources Agency (MCWRA)
The Monterey County Water Resources Agency (MCWRA) "manages, protects, and enhances the quantity and quality of water and provides specified flood control services for present and future generations of Monterey County" . It is located in Salinas, CA and reports to a Board of 9 members.
The MCWRA focuses its resources on
- The operation of dams and reservoirs
- Water quality monitoring
- Flood protection
- Environmental impact review
- Innovative water projects
- Development review
- Geographic Information Systems
Salinas Valley Water Project
The Salinas Valley Water Project (SVWP) aims to stop seawater intrusion, avert a maximum flood event at Nacimiento Dam, and recharge the Salinas River Basin to provide adequate water supplies and flexibility to meet current and future (year 2030) needs. In addition, the proposed project provides the surface water supply necessary to attain a hydrologically balanced groundwater basin in the Salinas Valley .
- MCWRA. MCWRA mission/purpose. http://www.mcwra.co.monterey.ca.us/Mission_Vision/mission_n.htm
- MCWRA. 2001. SVWP Project Description. http://www.mcwra.co.monterey.ca.us/SVWP/SVWP_Project_Description.pdf
This page may contain students's work completed as part of assigned coursework. It may not be accurate. It does not necessarily reflect the opinion or policy of CSUMB, its staff, or students.