Sequoia National Forest
The Sequoia National Forest, located in Southern California, was established in 1908. The forest encompasses around 1.1 million acres of land near Dunlap, CA .
- Visitor Centers:
- Lake Isabella Visitor Center: 760-379-5646
- Blackrock Visitor Center: 760-376-3781
Land Management Plan
- 2021 Sequoia and Sierra National Forest Land Management Plans .
- Agreement for Shared Stewardship of California's Forest and Rangelands: between State of California and USFS Pacific Southwest Region
- This MOU establishes a joint framework to enhance science-based forest and rangeland
stewardship in California and commit to maintain and restore healthy forests and rangelands that reduce public safety risks, protect natural and built infrastructure, and enhance ecological habitat and biological diversity. .
- Memorandum of Understandings:
- Fire Management Agreements:
- Kern County Fire Department (KRN) - This agreement and operating plan is very complex. KRN is one of the largest Contract Counties in California. These agreements cover both initial and extended attack.
- Bureau of Indian Affairs (BIA) - This agreement is for the Forest to provide fire protection and dispatching services to the Tule River Indian Reservation, which is self-determining.
- California Conversation Crop (CCC) - This agreement is with the CCC to provide fire and camp crews for extended attack and base camp work.
- Federal Interagency - This agreement allows for the exchange of interagency federal resources for wildland fire suppression and prescribed fire operations.
- Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks (KNP) - This Memorandum of Understanding cover fire operations, including but not limited to initial and extended attack, prescriptive wildland fire use and incident management team overhead.
- Bureau of Land Management - Bakersfield (BBD) - This Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) covers fire operations. The MOU also covers the administration of a BLM exclusive use air tanker contract location the Forest fixed wing base and an integrated dispatch operation out of the Central California Interagency Communication Center.
- California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection - Two statewide agreements (4 Party Master Agreement and the 5 Party Master Agreement) and local operating plans between the Kern County, Tulare and Fresno-Kings Ranger Units.
- Tulare Ranger Unit - California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection - This Memorandum of Understanding cover the operations of a joint use Air Attack Base for the purpose of providing both air attack and air tanker services on an interagency basis.
- Corp of Engineering (COE) - This Memorandum of Understanding cover fire operations.
- China Lake Naval Weapons Center and Edward Air Force Base - This Memorandum of Understanding covers aircraft operation notification procedures for the Military Training Routes. These flights occur at all times of the year and require constant monitoring and review. These flights occur during fire suppression and prescribed fire operations in and adjacent to the Forest.
- SSNF https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/r5/landmanagement/planning/?cid=stelprdb5444003
- MOU SNF https://www.fs.usda.gov/Internet/FSE_DOCUMENTS/stelprdb5400291.pdf
- Sequoia National Forest & Giant Sequoia National Monument https://gacc.nifc.gov/oscc/ecc/cccc/sqffam.html