Trout Unlimited (TU) is a national, non-profit organization with over 300,000 members and supporters. It is comprised of numerous conservation professionals that ensure that TU is leader in fisheries restoration at the local, state, and national levels. 
Trout Unlimited (TU) was founded near Grayling, Michigan around 1959 by fishermen who were united by their passion for trout fishing and their growing discontent with state's practice of stocking trout into their local waters.  Between 1962 to 1963, TU released its first policy statement. This statement later persuaded the Michigan Department of Natural Resources to reduce its policy of put-and-take stocking with Trout.  The National Conservation Agenda of TU is now set by a National Leadership Council. Most of the current TU body is main up of volunteers and conservation professionals. 
Trout Unlimited of California
The 2018 Trout Unlimited of California mission statement is to protect, reconnect, restore and sustain California's salmonid fisheries, their watersheds and the diversity of their populations.
Steinbeck County Chapter of Trout Unlimited
This non-profit chapter of TU states they are they "Steinbeck Country Chapter of Trout Unlimited does good work on behalf of the trout, salmon and Steelhead fisheries of the California's Central Coast Region. 
Current Projects Being Undertaken within Steinbeck County Chapter
- Helped with the 2016 land deal to convert a 140 acre gold course into park land and 300 acre-feet of water back to lower river with the help of the Trust for Public Land, Monterey Peninsula Regional Park District, and Santa Lucia Conservancy.
- Trout Unlimited Website - About
- Trout Unlimited Website - History
- The Steinbeck County Chapter of TU Facebook Social Media Account
- Watershed Issues
- Lagunita Creek Watershed
- Coho Salmon Crisis in the Central California Coast ESU
- [Santa Lucia Conservancy]]
This page may contain student work completed as part of assigned coursework. It may not be accurate. It does not necessary reflect the opinion or policy of CSUMB, its staff, or students.