Incidental Take Permits (ITPs)
Incidental Take Permits are issued by the federal government under the ESA and the State of California under the CESA to allow the 'take' of listed species, subject to specified mitigation requirements.
State ITPs =
- Take is incidental to lawful activity
- Take impacts are minimal and may be mitigated
- The permit applicant is capable of mitigating the species loss
- The applicant provides adequate funding for mitigation
- After issuance of the permit, the applicant no longer harms California Endangered Species Act listed species
- Official California Legislative Information: Fish and Game Code Section 2080-2085
- CESA: Sections 2081(b)(c) - Incidental Take Permit Process
- California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- California Endangered Species Act
- Fort Ord Habitat Conservation Plan (HCP)
This page may contain student work completed as part of assigned coursework. It may not be accurate. It does not necessary reflect the opinion or policy of CSUMB, its staff, or students.