Difference between revisions of "Resource Conservation District of Monterey County (RCDMC)"
m (ArevMarkarian moved page RCDMC to Resource Conservation District, Monterey County (RCDMC) over redirect)
m (Fred moved page Resource Conservation District, Monterey County (RCDMC) to Resource Conservation District of Monterey County (RCDMC))
Revision as of 11:52, 26 March 2019environmental summary created by the ENVS 560/L Watershed Systems class at CSUMB.
Resource Conservation Districts: RCD Monterey County
Each Resource Conservation District is a special district independently governed by a Board of Directors, within boundaries set by the state. These special districts are designated to implement and monitor resource conservation projects across private and public land . The mission of these special districts is to educate the public, including landowners about resource conservation in each area, as locally governed agencies. According to Division 9 of the Public Resources Code, RCD's prioritize:
- Agricultural land conservation
- Conservation education
- Forest stewardship
- Fuels management
- Irrigation management
- Recreational land restoration
- Soil and water management on non-agricultural lands
- Urban resource conservation
- Watershed planning and management
- Water conservation
- Water quality protection and enhancement
- Wetland conservation
- Wildlife habitat enhancement
- / RCDMC (Resource Conservation District, Monterey County). Home. RCDMC
- / RCD (Resource Conservation District). 2017. Resource Conservation District Assistance. State of California Department of Conservation.
This page may contain student work completed as part of assigned coursework. It may not be accurate. It does not necessary reflect the opinion or policy of CSUMB, its staff, or students.